Have you been thinking about remodeling your kitchen, but you’re not sure where to start? Kitchens are important for resale value, so if you’re going to invest money in a remodel, you want to be sure that you end up with a kitchen that will stand the test of time. So, instead of following fads that are currently popular, stick with classic features that will not only bring you joy, but will entice buyers should you ever sell your home. Here are some tips for creating a kitchen that is timeless and functional:
- Brighten up your kitchen using white as the dominant color. White is the most marketable color and never goes out of style. It is associated with happiness and new beginnings. It makes small spaces look bigger. And best of all, it’s easy on the budget due to its availability. The Best White Paint Colors For Every Home
- Install hardwood flooring. Hardwood floors are popular among buyers of any age; both male and female. Hardwood adds warmth and coziness to a home. It’s great for open floor plans because it flows beautifully from one room to another. It’s durable and long-lasting. And if “going green” is important to you, hardwood is echo friendly. It’s considered a “green” building material when it has been certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and comes from sustainably managed forests.
- Choose cabinets that have clean lines, like Shaker kitchen cabinets. The clean lines of these cabinets will be in style forever. Their beauty is in their simplicity. They help limit the “busyness” of the kitchen, creating a soothing, peaceful vibe. They also transition easily should the next homeowner want a change of style. Whether you want a traditional or contemporary look, these cabinets will work for both. Shaker Style Cabinets
- Go with marble countertops; specifically, Carrara marble. Carrara marble has been used in homes for centuries. It looks fantastic in a white kitchen, but also with other colors. It’s affordable and readily available and will last for generations. You will find some critics who will tell you that it stains easily, but that can be avoided with proper sealing. If you want a truly timeless look, Carrara marble is the way to go. Carrara Marble Countertops
- Include smart storage. If you currently store many of your kitchen supplies in other areas of the home due to lack of storage space, now is the time to change that! Cabinets that are being made today feature a plethora of storage options including shelves and compartments that unfold, extend, slide and turn. Have fun and be creative when designing kitchen storage. These 38 Kitchen Storage Ideas Are Serious Game-Changers for Any Size Kitchen!
You will love your new kitchen and future potential buyers will find it irresistible!
Residential Real Estate is considered an essential service and we are here for you and we will be compliant with all CDC regulations. You are safe with us! So, if you are ready to sell your home, Call the TAMPA BAY real estate professionals, Linda & Craig Nowicke at Inside Tampa Homes and let them assist you in getting your home STAGED, PHOTOGRAPHED and SOLD for the highest possible price!