Having high quality photos and videos of your listed home has always been important. In fact, the Mid Florida Regional MLS just put out a mandate that if a home is actively for sale on MLS, a virtual walk thru video is mandatory until the Covid-19 rules are lifted.
The majority of buyers start their home search online, so it is vital to make a great first impression! This is true now more than ever, because if you must sell your home during this unprecedented time, you likely don’t want people physically touring your home. Finding a professional Realtor who is an expert at STAGING your home, taking professional photographs, and creating a professional, narrated video walk-thru (including DRONE photography) to post on major real estate websites and to mail to interested buyers and buyers’ agents should be the first step you take in your home selling journey.
Once you have found the right Realtor, it will be your job to prepare your home to have photos/videos taken. Here are some steps to take before your Realtor arrives to help with staging and to take photos/video of your home:
INTERIOR – GENERAL
- Thoroughly clean the whole house, including the windows.
- Turn all overhead lights and lamps ON and replace any burnt out light bulbs.
- Use the same type of bulbs throughout the house (either ALL incandescent or ALL LED light bulbs).
- Turn OFF ceiling fans.
- Make sure all TVs and computer screens are turned OFF.
- Open blinds/window treatments to allow for natural light.
- Remove personal photographs.
- Make all the beds.
- Remove small area rugs to reveal flooring.
- Place all jackets and shoes in closets.
How to Clean a House
INTERIOR – KITCHEN
- Clear off your countertops completely. Put away any small appliances or tools you normally keep on your counters.
- Clear your fridge of magnets, papers, photos, etc.
- Hide your garbage can in pantry or closet.
- Make sure there are no dishes in the sink.
INTERIOR – DINING ROOM
- Clear your table. Dust and polish it.
- Use decorative place settings if you have them available.
- Feature a center piece such as a vase with flowers or bowl with fruit.
- Straighten chairs and space them evenly.
- Remove highchair or booster seats.
INTERIOR – LIVING ROOM/FAMILY ROOM
- Remove magazines, papers, mail, etc.
- De-clutter the fireplace mantle/hearth. Decorate with no more than 5 items, none of which should be personal photos.
- Clean interior of fireplace.
- Fluff and arrange furniture pillows.
- Remove kids’ toys/games.
INTERIOR – MASTER BEDROOM
- Make bed and include decorative pillows/shams if available.
- Make sure linens and bed skirts are wrinkle free.
- Clear nightstands of any personal items.
- Store things like phones/tablets/charging cables.
- Remove clutter from dresser tops.
- Remove family photos.
INTERIOR – BEDROOMS/GUESTROOM
- Make beds.
- Remove personalized names from walls.
- Remove posters or stickers from walls/furniture.
- Remove diaper pails.
- Store toys/games.
INTERIOR – BATHROOMS
- Clear counters completely – no soap, toothbrushes, medications, deodorant, etc.
- Put toilet seats down.
- Close closet doors.
- Remove shampoo, soap, loofahs, etc. from showers and tubs.
- Remove dirty towels. Leave out only new, unused towels.
- Remove floor mats.
INTERIOR/EXTERIOR – PETS
- Hide food and water bowls.
- Put pet beds/toys away where they can’t be seen.
- Use lint roller on furniture to remove pet hair.
- It’s best to remove pets from the home, but if they must be there, confine them to a hidden crate or put them outside.
- Clear back yard of pet waste and toys.
These 13 Dog Hair Removal Tools Will Change Your Life
EXTERIOR – FRONT (Don’t forget the importance of curb appeal! The front exterior is usually the first photos people will see of your property)
- Keep garage doors closed.
- Remove cars from the driveway and front of home.
- Make sure yard is mowed, shrubs are trimmed, and leaves are cleared.
- Remove any empty planters.
- Remove cobwebs from eaves and door frames.
- Put water hoses away where they can’t be seen.
- Remove toys, sports balls, basketball goals, soccer goals, etc.
EXTERIOR – BACK
- Clean porch/lanai/deck including any tables, chairs and cushions.
- Remove any faded or frayed cushions.
- Remove any kids’ toys such as balls, ride-ons etc.
- If you have a pool, makes sure it is sparkling clean!
- Hide pool cleaning supplies.
- Turn on pool fountains/water features.
- Remove visible water hoses.
- Hide trash/recycling cans.
The Realtors at Inside Tampa Homes are true professionals who will “start by staging your home to catalogue perfection, then get your home SEEN by online buyers with stunning professional photography. This includes a custom video, as well as aerial photography and videography.”
Are you ready to SELL your home? Call the TAMPA BAY real estate professionals, Linda & Craig Nowicke at Inside Tampa Homes and let them assist you in getting your home STAGED, PHOTOGRAPHED and SOLD for the highest possible price! CONTACT THEM TODAY at 813-728-3880 or 813-675- 5030 or: Linda@InsideTampaHomes.com or Craig@InsideTampaHomes.com