Now, more than ever, it is important to clean and sanitize your home. It’s even more important if you are in the process of selling and you have prospective buyers walking through and touching things. High-touch surfaces should be high priority; think door knobs, counters, light switches and railings. With mortgage interest rates at an all-time low, chances are people will still be looking to buy, so if your house is listed for sale, it’s best to be prepared for home showings. Follow these tips for cleaning and sanitizing your house:
High-touch surfaces that should be cleaned and disinfected daily:
- Table surfaces
- Hard dining chairs (seat, back, and arms)
- Kitchen counters
- Bathroom counters
- Faucets and faucet knobs
- Toilets (seat and handle)
- Light switches
- TV remote controls
- Game controllers
- Stair railings
First clean…then disinfect.
- To clean, wipe down surfaces removing contaminants, dust, or debris. Use either soapy water or cleaning spray.
- Then use disinfectant. This can be done with either wipes or spray. Just be sure whatever you are using is appropriate for the surface on which you are using it. Disinfectants You Can Use to Sanitize Your Home
If you are having trouble finding disinfectant wipes and sprays in stores, here is a recipe for a homemade disinfectant:
How to Make Homemade Bleach Disinfectant Spray:
- 4 teaspoons household bleach
- 1 quart water
- Pour both into one quart spray bottle, shake vigorously
- Spray on surface to disinfect, let sit for 10 minutes, wipe away with wet cloth
Whether you are selling your house or not, these are tips everyone should follow to keep homes and families as safe as possible!
Are you ready to SELL your home? Call the TAMPA BAY real estate professionals, Linda & Craig Nowicke at Inside Tampa Homes and let them assist you in getting your home STAGED, PHOTOGRAPHED and SOLD for the highest possible price! CONTACT THEM TODAY at 813-728-3880 or 813-675-5030 or Linda@InsideTampaHomes.com or Craig@InsideTampaHomes.com