I know it probably feels like you just finished pulling out all your holiday decorations, but now it’s time to start thinking about putting them back away. If you’re like me, every year you tell yourself “this year I will be super organized when I put my Christmas decorations away!”. Also, if you’re like me, by the time the holidays are over you are exhausted and just want to get the stuff put away as quickly as possible. Then you go to pull it out the following year and you say, ”this year…I will organize it all this year.” Sigh. Part of the problem is figuring out how to organize everything. There are lots of Christmas storage containers and bags and bins and boxes for sale out there, but that can get expensive! And let’s face it, just after Christmas the last thing you want to do is spend more money. But it is possible to organize your holiday decorations without spending a fortune. Here are some holiday storage hacks to help you get organized this year:
- Do you eat eggs? That may seem like more of an Easter question, but stay with me here. It’s not the eggs you need, it’s the cartons they come in. They are perfect for storing small, round ornaments.
- Keep strings of lights from tangling with this easy hack – wrap them around cardboard before you store them. You can use shoe boxes, or any of the many boxes that were likely delivered to your house before December 25, to cut pieces to size for your light strings. Then place them all together in a bin where they will remain safely untangled until next year! DIY Christmas Light Storage Solutions
- Hang your wreaths year around. Keep your holiday wreaths in pristine condition by hanging them rather than putting them in a storage bin, where they are likely to get crushed. If you don’t have room in a closet, you can use an inexpensive portable coat rack. Cover the wreaths with plastic trash bags (garment bag style) and hang them on the rack.
- Turn bins you already have into ornament storage bins with this easy and inexpensive hack. Three words. Red. Solo. Cups. They aren’t just for parties! With cardboard, a glue gun and cups you can create a DIY ornament storage bin. Just glue the cups to the cardboard pieces cut to fit and place them in the bin and, voila! You have the perfect place to safely keep your holiday treasures! Christmas Ornament Storage
- Shiny beads make a beautiful garland for your tree, but when they are all tangled up in a box you may decide it’s not even worth it to try to untangle them. This year, save up your plastic water bottles and use them to store your garland. They will stay untangled and be easy to pull out when you’re ready to put them on the tree again.
Are you ready to SELL your home? Call the TAMPA BAY real estate professionals, Linda & Craig Nowicke at Inside Tampa Homes with RE/MAX ACR ELITE and let them assist you in getting your home STAGED, PHOTOGRAPHED and SOLD for the highest possible price! CALL THEM TODAY at 813-728-3880 or 813-675-5030