Chances are, if you are getting ready to sell your home, you are also preparing to purchase a new home. So, the last thing you want to do is spend more money on your current property. However, you certainly want to get the best price possible when selling it, and per the National Association of Realtors, for every $100 invested in staging, the potential return is $400. As you can see, it will pay off in the end to stage your home to entice potential buyers.
Some people will hire a certified staging professional to get the job done. While it might seem easier than doing it yourself, it is not the only way to get that SOLD sign planted in your front yard. There are some simple, yet effective home-staging tips for staging that is cost effective:
- Roll Out a Welcome Mat – Sounds simple, right? It is! First impressions mean everything when selling your home. Also, prospective buyers tend to linger by the front door before the real estate agent opens the home for viewing, so an inviting entrance is crucial. A new welcome mat can cost as little as $15. Purchase a modern mat that compliments the style of your home. To further enhance the entryway, add a little green with some fresh plants. An enticing entrance will make buyers want to see more!
- Mount Mirrors in Strategic Spots – Every home has spaces like a dim hallway or small space that lacks natural light. To spruce up these areas, hang a few mirrors. They add extra light to rooms that look dark, and create an illusion of space. They will pack an extra punch if placed next to or directly across from a window because they will pull in more sun. For a more decorative look, create a collage of several mini mirrors in different shapes and sizes rather than just slapping one large mirror on the wall. You can find inexpensive mirrors at craft stores and discount home stores.
- Set Tables and Serving Areas for Entertaining – A home filled with friends, food and laughter is a happy one! Paint a picture of what entertaining in your home will be like for potential buyers. Keep it simple, but aesthetically pleasing. Lay out cloth napkins, wine glasses and solid plates in the dining room. Use matching mugs and bowls in the kitchen to produce the feel of family meals.
- Replace Personal Photos with Art Work – Over the years, you have turned your house into a home by decorating with family portraits and personal mementos. But potential buyers are going to want to be able to envision themselves living there and that is hard to do with your family members present in the form of pictures in every room. So, get a head start on packing up your house by putting your pictures away and replacing them with art work that compliments the style of the home. You can find inexpensive art at discount stores or you can print beautiful landscape photos to put in frames.
- Make the Bathroom Look Elegant with White Linens – Spruce up your bathroom with crisp, fresh, all-white linens. White towels, bath mats, and shower curtains give the room an instant update. They inspire the feeling of a luxury spa without spending a lot of money. Take it a step further by including some “spa like” displays. Simple additions like an orchid, candles, and special soaps will go a long way.
- Arrange Decorative Scenes – Decorative displays can give a cozy, lived-in ambience to a house. Assembling classy vignettes of colorful vases, lanterns, books, plants, baskets, and other items atop dressers, counters and bookshelves will make a house feel more like a home. Group items in odd numbers and in varying heights and shapes while keeping them in the same color family. You will be amazed at what you can find to use in your house, but if you need to buy some things, you can mix in inexpensive pieces from craft and discount stores. Done properly, these displays will have people feeling like they are looking at rooms right out of home décor magazines…and that appeals to prospective buyers.
- Take Advantage of Current Trends – For example, the Behr 2019 color of the year is “blueprint”. If you are going to be doing some interior painting to freshen up your home before selling, this stylish mid-tone blue is the way to go this year. Blue is a safe color to accent a home with, and works especially well in coastal homes. Another trend for 2019 is the comeback of terrazzo. This hard, stone-like composite material is very versatile and is a popular choice for floors and countertops. Finally, blending indoor with outdoor to create a natural look is a hot trend that is perfect for Florida homes. Use accessories made from natural materials like rattan, wood, and other fibers to bring nature into your home.
Are you ready to SELL your home? Call the TAMPA BAY real estate professionals, Linda & Craig Nowicke at Tampa Realty Now with RE/MAX ACR ELITE and let them assist you in getting your home STAGED, PHOTOGRAPHED and SOLD for the highest possible price! CALL THEM TODAY at 813-728-3880 or 813-675-5030.