It’s the holiday season! And holiday songs are filled with references to sleigh-bells and snowmen and all things cold and frosty. But when you live in a warm climate like the Tampa Bay area the weather outside won’t be frightful and you likely won’t see any snow…no real snow anyway. If you are new to the Tampa Bay area or you are considering moving there soon, the idea of celebrating the holidays in shorts and flip-flops might not sound appealing to you. But trust me…there are a lot of perks to celebrating the holidays in warm, sunny Florida! Here are just a few:
- Decorating outside is easier in warm weather. If you’ve ever tried hanging lights in the bitter cold, you know that freezing fingers are no fun.
- Do you love a holiday parade, but hate the idea of bundling up and standing in the freezing cold to watch it? Well, in Tampa you don’t have to. You can throw on your favorite holiday tee-shirt and revel in the excitement of the 36th Annual Downtown Tampa Christmas Parade and Santa Fest 2018. Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park will be turned into a winter wonderland, but you won’t need a hat and mittens to have a spectacular time at this fun event!
- Christmas trees are great, and you can certainly still have as many Christmas trees as you like. But imagine the fun of decorating a palm tree or two! Your creative juices can flow freely as you find new ways to decorate in the warm weather.
- What’s worse than having to cover up your beautiful holiday party ensemble with a sweater, coat, hat, gloves and scarf? You won’t have to in Florida! You can show off your sparkle and shine the minute you arrive…without stopping to check your coat!
- Do you have a boat? Up north most boats are put away for the winter…because who wants to be out on the water in the bitter cold? But in Florida you can deck the boat out with holiday lights galore and show it off at The Downtown Tampa Holiday Lighted Boat Parade. Even if you don’t have a boat, you can head on down to the waterfront and enjoy the parade as a spectator. Or if love the idea of going out on the boat in the balmy December weather, but you don’t have your own, you can always take a River of Lights cruise on the Pirate Water Taxi!
- Host a holiday party – outdoors! Light up your pool area and dine al fresco…because YOU CAN!
- If you really need it to be cold to feel “Christmasy”, crank up the AC, put on your Christmas pjs and have some hot cocoa while watching holiday movies with your family.
It might not be what you’re used to if you are from a place where it’s cold and snowy during the holiday season…but creating new traditions in beautiful, sunny Florida will definitely fill you with cheer!
Are you ready to SELL your home? Call the TAMPA BAY real estate professionals, Linda & Craig Nowicke at Tampa Realty Now and let them assist you in getting your home STAGED, PHOTOGRAPHED and SOLD for the highest possible price! CALL THEM TODAY at 813-728-3880 or 813-675-5030.