- Don’t Strive for Perfection – Put down the Martha Stewart magazine and focus on what is important. What is the point of having perfect decorations, meals and gifts if you are not enjoying yourself? Martha has a full staff to help her decorate, bake and shop. Stop killing yourself trying to create an image of a perfect holiday and let yourself EXPERIENCE the season. Pick and choose what you want to do. Baking with your kids, decorating the tree…whatever makes you happy. You don’t enjoy entertaining guests? Then don’t do it. Keep it simple and enjoy! 15 Easy and Elegant Christmas Decorating Ideas
- Shop Online – Avoid traffic, parking garages and crowded malls by doing your shopping online. If a trip to the mall during the holiday season is something you look forward to, then by all means, go for it! But if fighting the crowds is not your thing, then put on some comfy pjs, fix yourself a cup of hot cocoa and shop until you drop…only you won’t actually drop because you won’t be so tired! Shopping online will also save you a lot of time which you can use for RELAXING. Check out this site for unique gifts: The Grommet
- Delegate Responsibilities – Who said you must do it all yourself? If you have older children, have them decorate the tree. If you have guests coming over, make it a pot luck…you provide the main course and have them bring side dishes and desserts. Have your spouse pick up what you need from the grocery store on the way home from work. With everyone chipping in, chores and events won’t feel so overwhelming.
- Find Ways to Save Time – Here are some ideas for saving time during the holiday season:
- Don’t be afraid to say NO. Stop wasting time on activities you don’t want to do. How to Stop Saying Yes When You Want to Say No
- Purchase pre-printed holiday cards and envelopes.
- Keep your decorations simple.
- Make a list of what you need at the store so that you can complete your shopping in one trip.
- Be Compassionate – The joy that comes from doing something kind for others may be all you need to relieve the stress that accompanies the holiday season.
Take care of yourself and stress LESS!
Are you ready to SELL your home? Call the TAMPA BAY real estate professionals, Linda & Craig Nowicke at Tampa Realty Now and let them assist you in getting your home STAGED, PHOTOGRAPHED and SOLD for the highest possible price! CALL THEM TODAY at 813-728-3880 or 813-675-5030.